Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's been a couple of days so far.


I am amazed at how well Lily is adjusting.  She is happy and has really calmed down.  

Monday was Ken's first day back to work, when she realized he was
 leaving she put on her boots and started heading out after him.  When I brought her back in she stood at the front window and cried for Baba.  
Today there were no tears just a bye bye Baba and back to playing.  She is
 doing really well - playing with her dolls, colouring, going to the park and visiting family. She is sleeping really well too - she wakes up about once a night crying but all we have to do is go in, give her a kiss and she goes back to bed.  
Food has been a bit of a hit or miss.  She eats hard boiled eggs and not much more. I found a grocery store that sells authentic Chinese food - like whole ducks hanging in a rotisserie - head and all:)  I bought a ton of things that she ate in China and when I cooked them up for her she wouldn't' touch them.  Guess she'll be eating eggs and cucumber for a bit longer. Last night for dinner she wouldn't touch her pork chops but would put them on Ken's plate. When he fed her she ate them all :) Good old Baba!

4 comments:

  1. Pen - I LOVE the matching doll outfit! Lily looks so happy. I'm glad things are settling in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are getting better. I thought they would. I saw Ken on the big screen Sunday and wondered how Lily was doing.
    Paige still wakes up almost every night for a pee or a drink of water or because she needs socks :o/ Maybe she just does that. Like a new baby, you're gonna have to figure her out. You're doing good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a friend of Teri Telfer. She gave me your blog and I had been following your journey. Your daughter looks beautiful and I am glad she is settling in. If you need any help with Chinese food, just give me a call. My phone number is 519-579-0253. I also have a friend from Shanghai and she has a daughter who is 16 months old. If you need a translator, she is willing to help. Also, my email address is mylenetang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete