Sunday, March 8, 2009

It gets better...



Once we were in our hotel room, we had toys out for her and the boys tried to play "dolls" with her.  Everything they did she looked at me to see if I was still there and what I thought.  It took about 15 min for her first smile.  Ken was the first one to get it.  From then on there she became a total ham Not kidding!!  She got silly, was smiling, playing with the boys giggling.  We went downstairs for a quick bite to eat, she woofed down an entire plate of food and was cheery and happy the entire time.  She sat on all of our laps and seemed really happy. She said all of our names gege Ethan, gege Dylan, baba and mama.
We came back to the room where I gave her a shower (she wasn't too sure of that) and we snuggled in bed.  At one point she fell asleep and tears stated coming out of her eyes - ugghh.  We just keep tell her we love her (of course in Mandarin). She woke up and cried for about 10 min that she wanted to go home.  She is now sound asleep like a little angle.  



This was truly the most difficult and emotional day of my life.  Every emotion has come to the surface today - we are happy, scared, still nervous and anxious and absolutely exhausted BUT she is a beautiful, happy little girl that we are falling in love with!  Everytime I sneak over to look at her I start crying - she is perfect! (and very teeny tiny too)


9 comments:

  1. I could not sleep a wink all night... I have been thinking about you guys and waiting to hear that you have her! She is beautiful and I am so excited for you! I am sure she will warm up to you in a very quick time and she will forget all about her 'nanny' and only want her Mommmy! Love you guys! POPS xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how hard that first little while was for all of you...I can't read your posts without crying. Guys, she's sooo sweet! I can't believe I'm finally looking at a photo of Lily and YOU are in it too!! We will keep praying for all of you. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting here bawling along with you. She is so perfect and beautiful! Congratulations sweetie. And remember this has all been engineered from above. You have definitely done the best thing ever for her and for you. Big HUGS Hun!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo happy for you guys! There'a nothing like watching your baby sleep! She's amazing!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!!!! All 5 of us ran to the computer to check as soon as we got up (well 1 was a fast crawl) !!! We are so happy but crying. We are going to mom and dads after church and will show them. We can't wait to meet her and snuggle her up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the pictures and read the blog a tear came to my eye. We're all so happy for you - especially Phoebe. She keeps reminding me "don't forget to pay for Lilli" Can't wait to see her in person. love marc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, gotta get ready for church; turning the clocks ahead didn't help either. Thanks for taking us with you on this amazing journey. It's like throwing a rock in a pond and you see the ripples of water. This experience of yours changes us too. It shows that love and sacrifice for each other and even a complete stranger is possible. Truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! We are very very happy for you guys. I can only imagine how excited you all are and what a rollercoaster ride it must be... keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are ecstatic! Lily is so sweet. Be patient...YOU all need time to adjust to so many changes ..for everyone. With all the LOVE you all have Lily will for sure come around! :)
    Smooches to everyone

    ReplyDelete