Monday, March 9, 2009

Our first full day comes to an end...

When Lily awoke from her nap she was very sad - she cried for a goo d 1/2 hour.  I took her into the boys room and she perked up a little.  Tonight we went for a walk on the town - we are all so exhausted, I thought we should get out for awhile.  This is what I envisioned Beijing to look like - big huge flashing buildings, people everywhere - it looks almost like a cross between Vegas and New York.  We had a late lunch and we not very hungry so guess what we got 
a treat a McDonalds. I know that is terrible but it's the only fast-food place we recognize and we have been eating other really healthy meals.  So we have had Lily for 1.5 days n
ow and introduced her to a happy meal - bad parents. For those following that don't really know us we really are not fast food junkies - this is a time of desperation and craving something from home. 

She loves the boys - she walks everywhere holding both of their hands. She is enthralled at all the lights and people everywhere. When Dylan went bouncing away to look at something, she stopped, refused to move and yelled Lai lai to him (come).  It was quite funny.  

She just finished having a bath, painting our toenails and I set her on the bed with a ton of toys. I ran to the washroom and when I came out she had hid all her toys under her pillow and put herself to sleep even though it's wasn't bedtime.  I guess some habits from the orphanage and going to be popping up here and there. I brought her back out and played toys with her. She is now c
hatting away (which I don't understand and
 wish I did) to her baby, she is rocking her and changing her.  She looks really happy.

11 comments:

  1. I'm showing these photos to Declan while he's watching Thomas and he's giggling at Lily.."she has wet hair!", "she's eating a french fry!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is just so sweet! I have been watching the site for updates... I am so glad that you did this! It is nice for everyone to see what is happening with you guys over there! I hope you have a good nights sleep in your fancy hotel and that everyone is well rested for another adventurous day!! Love you! POPS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how bad is that, we got her lovin' the happy meal on Day 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these moments with us. What a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I keep saying this but she is SO pretty!!! I just want to kiss her. Can you change your tickets and come home early????

    ReplyDelete
  7. McDonalds is great comfort food - you shouldnt feel bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't help but get emotional when I read this. What a difference you will make in her life. What a blessing for all! She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't help but get emotional when I read this and look at the pictures. What an incredible blessing. She is adorable. You clearly have already made a huge impact with her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very emotional journey. You can already see the bonding. Just give it time...you all have so much love to give. A family of five. :)

    ReplyDelete