Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SHOPPING!!!!!!


So everyone told me the shopping was good in Beijing but not in my wildest dreams did I imagine this!!!!

We went to a market today that was huge!!!!!!!!!!  It has every name
brand you could imagine (knock-offs) but you can't tell and it all has the gap, tommy, ambercrombie tags on it. It's a little like a meat market in their - as soon as they see you coming they start harrassing you. At one point we couldn't find Dylan and he was picked up taken to a booth and had hightops on him. One lady saw Ethan with a wad of cash and actually held him so he couldn't leave. She was trying to get him to buy a set of Budha's!!  I had to come and pull him away - it was absolutely crazy.  I would try and haggle and Ethan would get so embarrased and just say mom that's enough just pay them:)
Dylan was quite proud of his gain today - he got a FREE Budha :)


We also went to a tea ceremony that was very interesting and we tried many types of teas - the boys drank them all and learned how to hold their china daintily!!








Lily had a great day but when Ken left with Ethan to go and get supper she screamed - and I mean SCREAMED for 40 minutes.  I had to hold her (while she was hitting me) and let her scream it out.  When you research and read books on attachment it tells you to let them cry it out and hold them (restrain them if they are being harmful) so that's what we are doing.  It saddens me because I know she is still dealing with detachment and she's not attaching to me as much as Ken. I do know that this will all work itself out when we get home.  

1 comment: